RPI scientist: LEDs on runways could help airports | Business
TROY, N.Y. (AP) - A Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute researcher says LED lighting along runways could save airports time and money.
John Bullough of the Lighting Research Center at RPI studied the benefits of replacing incandescent runway lights with LEDs, or light-emitting diodes. Bullough noted that LEDs last longer and draw less energy than traditional lighting.
The report was published by the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Top Tech Valley Talk Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Federal prosecutors: Jewish organizations instrumental in foiling alleged death ray plot
- Two Capital Region men accused of terror plot
- Albany High music students demonstrate against teacher cuts
- Developer pushes for <st1:stockticker>IMAX</st1:stockticker> aquarium in Albany
- Lawmakers try to push bill named for Lt. Col. Todd Clark