In The Life Media to screen "Orgullo Latino" at Pride Center | Community Spirit
ALBANY - In The Life, the only nation LGBT issue-oriented television program, will be hosting a special screening of "Orgullo Latino," at the Pride Center of the Capital Region.
The show enters the lives of prominent members of both the Latino and LGBT community. Featured leaders come from all backgrounds such as entertainment, politics, religion, business, and advocacy.
- Daniel Hernandez, former intern for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Hernandez is credited with saving her life last year during a shooting at a Tucson supermarket.
- Jane Velez-Mitchell, anchor for the CNN Headline News show “Jane Velez-Mitchell.”
- Eduardo Xol, designer for seven seasons on the hit ABC show “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.”
- Pedro Julio Serrano of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
- Richard Zaldivar of The Wall/Las Memorias Project.
- Andres Duque, a gay Latino blogger nominated by GLAAD for his work.
Many local organisations have teamed up to sponsor this event.
The screening will be held from 6-8p.m. The Pride Center is located at 332 Hudson Ave.
Top Tech Valley Talk Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Terror suspect due back in court Thursday
- Federal prosecutors: Jewish organizations instrumental in foiling alleged death ray plot
- Two Capital Region men accused of terror plot
- Albany High music students demonstrate against teacher cuts
- Developer pushes for <st1:stockticker>IMAX</st1:stockticker> aquarium in Albany