NYS Troopers plan Work Zone speeding crackdown | News
ALBANY(AP) - With the summertime road construction and vacation travel seasons under way, state troopers who patrol New York's Thruway plan to crack down on motorists speeding through highway work zones
The state Thruway Authority and state police Troop T announced Thursday that the five-day enforcement campaign dubbed "Operation Work Brake" will kick off Monday and run through next Friday.
Officials say troopers will be looking for speeders in and around construction zones along the 500-mile Thruway system, which includes the north-south Interstate 87 and the east-west Interstate 90.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Top Tech Valley Talk Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 68-year-old victim testifies about alleged assault at hands of 19-year-old
- Stillwater man accused of hosting drinking party on private property
- Sheriff: Clifton Park man kills self as deputies arrive
- Expectations high as Lake George-area prepares for start of tourist season
- Local airman graduates basic military training