TVHS Chinese educator bids farewell | News
On Thursday, Tech Valley High School Chinese educator and English teacher, Ms. Ma "Brigette" Yanchao's, returned to Tianjin, China following a four-month stint teaching Chinese.
"I have enjoyed my time here and will miss all of you," she told the TVHS staff. "Thank you for all the support, insights, and help you have provided me over the past four months."
Ms. Ma's tenure at TVHS was part of the innovative sister-school agreement TVHS inked with Tianjin High School No. 41 in 2011.
While at TVHS, Ma served as a teacher of Mandarin Chinese language 4 to TVHS seniors and as a tutor to younger TVHS students. She also visited other schools in the Capital Region and Questar III region to discuss Chinese culture and language.
"She has been a wonderful asset to the TVHS community and has assisted our students understand her language and culture," said Principal Dan Liebert.
Top Tech Valley Talk Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 68-year-old victim testifies about alleged assault at hands of 19-year-old
- Stillwater man accused of hosting drinking party on private property
- Sheriff: Clifton Park man kills self as deputies arrive
- Expectations high as Lake George-area prepares for start of tourist season
- Local airman graduates basic military training