Police warn public about labor day weekend driving precautions | News
In addition to high gas prices, drivers this weekend will also face crowded roads and more police officers.
That's a 3% jump from last year.
State and local police plan to be out, too, and they have a message for anyone planning to hit the road.
"We're asking that everyone this holiday weekend to leave the cup of coffee at home, leave your phone in the off position. You have your lunch before you get behind the seat of your car. you make sure you're not rushed when you go. There's no reason to go 80 miles per hour."
In addition to distracted drivers, police will also be looking for aggressive and drunken drivers.
Top Tech Valley Talk Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 68-year-old victim testifies about alleged assault at hands of 19-year-old
- Stillwater man accused of hosting drinking party on private property
- Sheriff: Clifton Park man kills self as deputies arrive
- Expectations high as Lake George-area prepares for start of tourist season
- Local airman graduates basic military training