TVHS’s Service Club recognized as a Key Club | Parents & kids
Tech Valley High School now has a Key Club. The TVHS’s Service Club has officially been recognized by the Kiwanis Club as a Key Club.
"We are now part of an international organization of people dedicated to service. We are now part of that network. This is something the students have been working towards for some time," said Club Advisor Jen Hower in a statement.
TVHS’s Service Club has volunteered for humanitarian causes including raising funds for the hungry and gathering donations for homeless shelters.
According to the Key Club International website, the organization is sponsored by Kiwanis International and “Key clubs assists Kiwanis in carrying out its mission to serve the children of the world.”
The club will receive its official charter from Key Club International on June 6 during an 11 a.m. ceremony in the Massry Conference Center at the Cancer Research Center, UAlbany East Campus.
Top Tech Valley Talk Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 68-year-old victim testifies about alleged assault at hands of 19-year-old
- Stillwater man accused of hosting drinking party on private property
- Sheriff: Clifton Park man kills self as deputies arrive
- Expectations high as Lake George-area prepares for start of tourist season
- Local airman graduates basic military training