Taiwanese leaders tour Tech Valley High | Schools
A group of Taiwanese leaders toured Tech Valley High School last week in search of innovative ways to educate.
Three education and political leaders from the Asian country met with TVHS faculty and leadership to discuss the role of TVHS in the creation and expansion of the Tech Valley Region and to learn more about how TVHS is innovating in the education world.
Capital Region BOCES District Superintendent for Instruction Kathryn Gerbino, Raona Roy, director for institutional advancement for TVHS, and Sophia Hsia, new Mandarin Chinese language teacher at TVHS, led the discussion, presenting information on the facts and procedures at the school.
Taking part in the tour was Shu-Hua HSU, a council member in the Taipei City government, Po-Lin HUANG, a council member, in the Kaohsiung City Government and Chung-Ming LIANG, Principal of the National Taitung University (NTU), which is an affiliated Physical Education Senior High School.
Their look at the school was led by the International Center and was arranged under the under the auspices of the Department of State's International Visitor Leadership Program. Their program is arranged by Meridian International Center.
Top Tech Valley Talk Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 68-year-old victim testifies about alleged assault at hands of 19-year-old
- Stillwater man accused of hosting drinking party on private property
- Sheriff: Clifton Park man kills self as deputies arrive
- Expectations high as Lake George-area prepares for start of tourist season
- Local airman graduates basic military training